Washing machine fault

We have a Hoover AL130 washing machine. This week it started having a noisy spin, which I tracked down to a loose bolt through the bottom piece of concrete. I fixed that, gave it a quick spin to test, and then pushed the machine back under the worktop.

At first it would do nothing when back in place, so I pulled it out again, checked it had power to the switch, and fiddled with a few connectors. That managed to get the program knob to click around until I switched it off.

Now it is back to nothing working, and there is no fault display mechanism on this model. Is anyone familiar with it?

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Completely dead, no sounds, no lights.

The mains cable looks ok, and there is still power out of the widget on the back. There is a widget near the programme dial which has an empty spade as well as four wires and a tube, but no detached wire nearby.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Useful though the word widget is, it doesn't really help in this case, have you (or are you able to) traced the voltage going into the back of the machine?

-- Ian Tilley Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers

's free

Reply to
Shrek

Yes, there are volts into the back of the machine, and from first component inside, to which the mains lead attaches.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

If you're saying that it is completely dead when you're pushing back under the worktop, then it sounds like some sort of loose connection to the wall socket or plug or a cut / break in the cable at the machine end of the flex.

Can you plug it in to a different socket or heavy extension lead and then push it back under the worktop to see what it does.

Reply to
BigWallop

i have had nothing but trouble with my Hoover washing machine and dryer that i bought at the same time last year. no less than 6 call outs, mostly to the dryer but the washer had probs with loose bolts. its got a loose drum now, and intermittently acts odd. i will never buy a Hoover again.

rpm

Reply to
R P McMurphy

Control board blown - I guess I disturbed the remains of the motor brushes too much and some drifted up there.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan