Washing - hanging out or in?

In message , John Smith writes

Is it significant for trousers though? I'm sure the time my trousers spend hanging on the line is much less than the amount of time I spend wearing them the right way out, out of doors . . . maybe I should look at washing and drying them more often?

Reply to
bof

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:39:05 GMT someone who may be "Cicero" wrote this:-

Indeed.

Sweatshirts also dry much more quickly if turned inside out.

Reply to
David Hansen

Yes they do. They don't even need sun, just daylight and even some artificial lights will do it.

Yes, it neither appeals to me nor offends me, it happens :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I doubt that many put deliberate creases in trousers these days ... Spouse used to insist on them in his JEANS! He somehow changed his mind when I suggested that they looked nice and he could do them.

I like ironing and like the shine on fabric when it's ironed, especially linen.

We used to press using a damp cloth to prevent shine in days of yore.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You've done a comparitive test???

Well, I suppose everyone needs a hobby - but I wouldn't want bone dry clothes to iron.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

also if you have a printed message or picture on a tshirt it does not fade as I have t shirts with parrots on the front so has a pal of mine and his parrots you can hardly see,he wears them to work mine are still looking like new

Reply to
svmsbb

Do a Google on asthma and diesel.

Reply to
John Smith

"Mary Fisher" typed

You would iron sweat shirts?

Each to her own!

I hang clothes out in whatever state they emerge from the machine.

Inside out garments remain so.

Nothing gets folded or put away until bone dry.

Sweat shirts dry faster inside out...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Of course! Even I have some standards :-)

You've done a comparitive test?

I couldn't be bothered but each to his own :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

It's bit posh, innit? We don't iron anything, except for weddings and funerals.

Reply to
Guy King

Weddings seem to have come to a full stop except for those in period kit; funerals are becoming so frequent that we don't bother changing. We've been to recent ones on the scooter in helms and hi vis jackets.

I iron because I enjoy it, I time it to coincide with the afternoon play :-) Makes me feel virtuous.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:27:33 +0100, "Mary Fisher" had this to say:

I read that as:- "Makes me feel vicious."

Reply to
Frank Erskine

And of course everything on the internet is honest and truthful !!

Dave

Reply to
gort

"Mary Fisher" typed

Do you still rue the day they moved Woman's Hour to a morning slot?

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

LOL! I think that says something about you :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

As a mere male, WH was always compulsive listening in the afternoons whenever I was out and about for work. Until one day. When I happened to stop for a late lunch at about quarter to two, a couple of filled rolls in Savernake Forest, near Marlboro'. I started listening to WH at 2 o'clock, and woke up nearly two hours later as the afternoon play was coming to an end! :-)

Reply to
The Wanderer

No, of course not BUT... as you will see if you google there are far too many medical and environmental sites stating the dangers for it to be mere nonsense or propaganda.

Here in the UK asthma rates have soared in the last 8 - 10 years as, coincidentally, has the sale of diesel vehicles.

Reply to
John Smith

LOL! No, it was sad at the time because it filled the gap between taking the children back to school after lunch and collecting them again.

But I can't see the connection between ironing and Woman's Hour ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:10:40 +0100 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

No. However, I have tried drying them both ways.

Reply to
David Hansen

There are, as I'm sure you know, many influencing factors!

Reply to
Mary Fisher