"Warm roof" to help cool loft?

Extension is going on steadily but while I still have easy access to the old roof and the new roof/garage I've been deliberating for a long about wedging some insulation under the tiles (with an air-space of course) with the intention not of creating a "warm roof" in the sense of the word but stopping it getting so bloomin' hot in the summer.

When I mentioned it to the builder and co. a few months ago they suggested it would make the loft hotter but I'm of the thought that in the summer the rooms under the the roof space get unbearable hot purely because of the excessive build-up of radiated heat from the tiles even with full spec. loft insulation.

The quickest and easiest way might be to clip a multi-foil to the rafters leaving an opening vent a few inches down from the ridge (which has been re-done with dry-fix ridge tiles)

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk