Wardrobe Door Hinge Placement

I'm just ordering some new wardrobe doors and they're drilling the hinge holes.

The doors are 2270mm long and they think 4 holes is correct for that size.

Then I realised I don't know really where they should be placed.

Is it equidistant. Should the hinge at the bottom be higher?

Does anyone know? Thanks.

Reply to
voyager1space

Evenly spaced is good, especially if the door is a bit bendy. Top and bottom hinges 100mm off the top and bottom, more if there's a reason for it.

TW

Reply to
TimW

They're guaranteed to put at least one hinge where it obstructs a shelf, pull-out basket, or similar.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Just checked ours (our doors are 2000 mm, not 2270, as there is a drawer beneath each one). The doors are on an old Wickes fitted wardrobe which was here when we moved in, maybe 15 - 20 years old?

The centres of the top and bottom hinges are about 90mm from the top and bottom of each door. The next hinge is 695 mm from the bottom on all four doors. The fourth hinge varies; from the top - 695 mm on three doors, 800 on the other (there is a shelf where it would have gone if at

695 mm - there is a blanking plate over where a pre-drilled hole is at that point.).
Reply to
Jeff Layman

Not quite sure what you mean. Are these normal hinges or something like the over designed kitchen cabinet sort? Is the door heavy, bendy or flimsy? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Yes of course, that is why they sell new baskets slightly different to the original and put shelves on them little plastic push in wotsits that fall out just when the shelf is full of heavy items. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Thank you for doing that.

Reply to
voyager1space

It'll be the kitchen door style hinges. The door should be quite heavy or not flimsy. Typical wardrobe doors.

Reply to
voyager1space

I'd think about looking at, say, Blum's website to see what they say.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

You're welcome.

Reply to