wallpaper hanging

Taking fresco blown vynl off my walls it comes off dry but leaves the backing paper on is it alright to paper on top of this, will it act as a lining paper or do I need to strip it back to the plaster. thank you for any help.

Reply to
Jo King

It's OK as long as it's left *all* the lining paper on, and as long as it's still firmly stuck. If the backing/lining is coming away a bit at the edges, it can be stuck back down before papering over it. However, if great chunks of lining have cone off with the vinyl - as often happens - you'll have to fetch it *all* off. In that case, make sure that the plaster is sound - and repair as necessary, and remove any flaking paint. If there's a sound painted surface, *don't* remove the paint - this is much easier to paper than bare plaster.

Reply to
Set Square

As long as it's in good order and there are no lumps and bumps just give it a coat of size (let it dry) then paper it.

Reply to
Picker