socket height above kitchen worktop.

What height would you put the bottom of a socket if you were going to tile?

Reply to
Tim Morley

Stick them in the middle of a tile run at least 150mm above the worktop.

Draw out carefully where the tiles will go and situate them equidistant from the centre lines of the tiles.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Depends on the size of the tiles. Ideally, place each socket so that it is centred over a tile corner join. This makes cutting the tiles easy, as you just take a rectange of each corner.

I made the mistake of changing my tile choice and had to move all my recently installed sockets up 5cm.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Best way is to draw things out and do the chasing for the boxes. Then after you've fitted the tiles up to the line that the sockets go in, fit the boxes accurately.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The best way is to decide on the tile size BEFORE sinking the sockets!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Get a good tile saw and fit the sockets centred between wall units and worktop. If you fit the tiles from wall unit to worktop, top downward, Then your cut tiles should be easily placed around the back boxes.

Reply to
BigWallop

That's what I meant by drawing things out. However, with the best will in the world, I doubt you'll be 100% accurate, so it's worth leaving a bit of jiggling space.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You could always use a varying size of bottom spacer. i.e. I tend to fit a baton a few inches up from the base surface then tile from that which is leveled. Final run of tiling is the cut down tiles that replace the baton, so, your baton can be adjusted in height to make the socket box fall wherever you like with regards to tile edge.

Reply to
GymRatZ