Wall tiles tips?

I'm tiling my kitchen tomorrow. Three walls above the work surfaces. Any tips?

Reply to
nuttyknatty

I'm tiling my kitchen tomorrow. Three walls above the works surfaces. Any tips?

Reply to
nuttyknatty

Don't post the same thing twice? Use the cancel function :P

alex

Reply to
Alex

I mean three times...

alex

Reply to
Alex

It depends on how much you have done and what tricks you have already learnt. Since the work surfaces are level and even you can rest the tiles directly on them. Use spacers, use a diamond saw. Rework the electrical accessories with long screws and get the tiles behind the edge of the fitting.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Don't use "fix'n'grout" (it seems to combine the worst features of each). Get good ready mixed *waterproof* adhesive (Bal / Nicobond etc) and a good notched edge trowel.

When grouting get a decent grout float - these are padded rubber faced trowels - they make grouting so quick and easy since you can work the grout into the gaps and the clean off almost all of the excess whilt it is wet. Use a waterproof self mix grout. Do at most a couple of square yards of grouting before going back over the surface with a slightly damp sponge. Once fully dry polish off the remaining white dusty residue with *dry* paper towels.

Treat the grout with Lithofin grout protector to prevent staining.

Electric tile saw is good. The baby plasplugs one for 32 quid from machine mart is usually a good bet.

Reply to
John Rumm