Wall rebuild quote

Hi . A brickie gave me a quote to take down an old wall (about 13ft long by 6' 6" high)using 140mm concrete blocks, for (£790). This wall is connected to my neighbour's wall with an adjacent wall between us. The brickie want to cut the wall flush to the adjacent double leaf brick wa lls and join to the old walls with an expansion gap with no 'bricking in'. The whole wall including my neighbours section is only about

25' long so I don't think an expansion gap is required. I think the quote he's given me is high I'm wondering if the cost of this expansion gap sealant/mastic) is expensive.

I'm located in Liverpool.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
artbag10

Cost out the materials and the disposal of the old wall and you should realise that it is not a bad price. Are you paying VAT? You could always DIY?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

He must be getting a hefty discount from his supplier, my advice is pay the man or get someone in who will do it cheaper but cut corners, IE very little cement in the mortar, no additives, poor quality blocks (seconds) etc, etc, and then pay to have it done a second time in a few years.

Reply to
Phil L

Ok, Thanks for advice.

Reply to