Wall mounted Sink, holes drilled in wrong place

I'm trying to mount a new sink on the wall (I can't use a pedistool for various resons). I drilled two holes in the wall to mount the sink on, but when I put the sink on the screws it is not level, arghhh !. The problem isn't the holes I drilled, its the mounting holes on the back of the sink, they are not level.

I need to redrill one of the holes about 6mm higher up the wall. Can I just refill the hole and redrill, or am I going to have to move the hole sink up about 10cm (which is really not ideal).

The mounting screws require a 14mm hole drilled, which means the new hole is going to overlap the old hole.

Any help mush appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
TallJim

If you've got time I'd be inclined to open the hole out to include where you want your new hole to be then fill it all with mortar or tough filler with perhaps a bit of plastic ideally 14mm dia in the new hole position to save you having to drill out (much) of a hole when the filler is set.

Reply to
John Stumbles

What I would do.

14+6+6 = 26mm. I'd take my 28mm SDS drillbit, recently acquired from ebay. Now, fill the hole with a good strong cement mixture, with accellerant, push the screw up to the top of the hole, and bang a bit on the mixture to get it properly seated. Alternatively, wait till it sets, then redrill.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

Car body filler. Fill the hole, wait 10 minutes, and redrill. I don't know how anyone gets by without it.

Reply to
Stuart Noble