Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs

Interpretation, please?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But, _where_ do you holiday?

Dimly recall an article in newspaper about a family with similar symptoms that'd brought souvenir bed-bug form somewhere-foreign to their home in Central London. IIRC, the entire house had to be disinfected, plaster off walls, floorboards lifted, bedding replaced ... and (apparently) they didn't get many invitations to dinner parties in Central London either! :(

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Ditto, house we rented in London was deceased estate and the old biddy had cats, we walked in, vibration woke up fleas and we got bitten to bits. Had to do the whole house. On the bright side if it is cat fleas they need cats to breed so eventually they will go away without treatment, but still...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

A pest control officer once told me that if a house had been empty for some time they'd throw some large stones through the door. The vibration caused the adult fleas to emerge but there was nothing for them to feed on so they died. The process was repeated in each room, without their entering.

Interesting - but no solution to the OP's problem :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The subordinate clause or condition in a conditional sentence

is so expressed as to admit of two grammatical constructions each yielding a different sense.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'll remember that!

Rather, I hope I remember that!

Thanks, it could come in very useful :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Is it really relevant mentioning that her protasis can travel on both land and water?

Anyway it's not amphibolic, it's carbolic.

:)

Reply to
Matt

Have you been looking in our bathroom???

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher