Waking up every day with insect bites on my legs

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

Sorry, mate, it was too good a shot to miss.

Reply to
Guy King

Oh, I know. Completely justified and we are told that recycling is a good thing.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't understand ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Good idea.

You can catch bugs and fleas if you can see them with a wet bar of soap.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My mum used to put a (lit) nightlight in a saucer of water. The theory was that the fleas jumped towards the heat and drowned.

We never had fleas as children so perhaps it did work.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Man goes into chemist in Sweden and asks to buy some deodorant.

Chemist: "Would you like ball or aerosol?"

Man: "Neither. I want it for under my arms"

Reply to
Andy Hall

Very wise, but this being so I'm a little worried about global warming as I find it difficult to imagine that one could sleep with no covering in the UK in October. So how come you have your legs exposed? If you don't then the problem must be in the bed itself, the mattress probably.

Reply to
John of Aix

Man goes Him: do you have any featherlite condoms. Assistant: sorry we are sold out...have you tried boots? Him: I want to slide up not march up.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

That's supposed to keep elephants away as well..Did you see any .???

Reply to
Stuart

Only the ones which drowned in the saucer.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That must of baffled the medical proffession.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

He said he treated his aerosol and I said I thought the fleas were biting his ankles.

Reply to
Guy King

It's no good if you have to spell them out.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A handy trick if you mislay your contact lenses.

(Your protasis is amphibolic.)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In an old servants' guide, one recommendation was to wipe the wainscot with petroleum spirit (1/6d a pint from the chemist, apparently). However, the servant was advised to do this by daylight and not to use a candle.

I can't say I would like the fumes from paraffin or petroleum spirit in my bedroom.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I've used pyrethrum dust successfully. You can usually get that in garden centres.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"Mary Fisher" typed

I need spectacles to see; I don't think a wet bar of soap would help ;-)

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Most likely you have BED BUGS, my man.

Start your research for a cure here:

here:

<Hibon

Check your fridge or larder for something left to go soft midewy, otherwise it is a guttering problem. This year there has been a rich harvest of gnats and a number of other insects too. So they are making the most of every nook in nature and you are in the firing line.

In the morning you will find them in any standing water such as the loo or a basin left with water in it over night. You might put a drop of bleach down plug holes and that sort of thing but are you sure that the bites haven't been aquired outside the home?

If you have engaged in a spot of gardening last thing in the evening or walked the dog by a canal or somesuch, that might have been where you aquired the problem.

IIWY I'd find out a little bit more about the life cycle of gnats and the like. And I'd treat the advice given by most of the other posters on your thread with not a little circumspection.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Oh.

Doh!