VW automatic parking brake. etc

That isn't strictly true with moving forward into a car park slot where you don?t actually need to see the front corners of your car, just how close the part of the car you may run into is to that corner of your car. Same with backing when deciding how close what is behind you is.

If the reference object is low down, you

But not necessarily stuff that is on the floor and not visible without a camera. Yes, you don?t have to put stuff there, but if you have a decent set of cameras you would be able to put stuff there, even if only temporarily because you plan to put it in the boot when you back in next time etc.

You don?t always need to, all you need to know if you are about to hit it.

And to see stuff that is on the floor in the garage that isn't high enough to be seen by the driver when the car is close to it.

Reply to
Jim Thomas

You do when its stuff on the floor on the other side that isn't high enough to be seen by the driver.

And the reversing sensors will tell

Makes a lot more sense to have an integrated set of cameras that does everything, helps with all the sort of parking anyone ever does, acts as a crash cam system, regardless of what sort of crash it is, gives you the evidence of what happened to the car when you weren't in it with scrapes or burglary.

Its not as if that is expensive, might as well have it.

Reply to
Jim Thomas

Reminds me of a Renault hire car a few years ago (delivered without a manual of course) which had a peculiar interlock on starting. It had a perfectly good text screen where they could have displayed the necessary instructions; but no, that would have been too helpful. I'd like to think I woke someone up when I phoned at 6 am for advice.

Reply to
newshound