Volts

Honestly cant remember

Fluid mechanics was a mere sideshow and didn't do much for me

Oh - seems you are right.

"According to Poiseuille's law, the flow rate through a length of pipe varies with the fourth power of the radius of the pipe. That isn't the only variable that affects flow rate; others are the length of the pipe, the viscosity of the liquid and the pressure to which the liquid is subjected. Poiseuille's law assumes laminar flow, which is an idealization that applies only at low pressures and small pipe diameters. Turbulence is a factor in most real-world applications."

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually a lot depends on what it is.

Here I've seen them isolate a dead section, the simply push a branch off cables, go back and close the isolators, do a mobile call and a few minutes later the power is on.

All depends on what the fault is. obviously high voltage cables trailing in the ground with a tree across them is a different matter.

But a lightning strike on cables isn't normally a big deal unless it takes out a transformer etc

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher