Voltage Drop Please...

I want to run four LV lights (12v @ 20W) but I can't site the transformer near to the lamps. Will the voltage drop be significant if I include a 4m run of 1mm cable between the transformer and where I pick up the lamp leads? (These leads are the standard ones which come with B&Q LV lights and I could always shorten them if I have a problem with the VD on the overall run). I can't do anything about the situation I've got, if the VD is too great then the idea belly flops. Oh, I haven't got any tables either, hence the questions...

Cheers

xav

Reply to
xavier

burbeck

If you *must* have a 4 metre run, use 2.5mm cable. You need to *minimise* voltage drop. 1 or 2 volts don't matter too much at 240v, but they *do* at

12v!
Reply to
Set Square

Thanks both of you, most helpful