12v Low Volatge lights

Ikea sell some LV lights (4) which attach to a 80VA transformer. The wattage of each light is 20w.

Its basically two pieces of insulated wire which are hung, between two fixed objects e.g.: walls. The transformer attaches at one end feeding the four lights in parallel.

My question

If the feed point is moved from the end, to the centre of the wires, so its between lamps 2 and 3. Will the transformer cope, as I believe we now have two parallel circuits.

Thanks Darren

Reply to
Darren Forward

There should be no problem.

You could call it two parallel circuits, but really you still only have one parallel circuit i.e. there is only one power source and the load has not altered.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes... the circuit is exactly the same as it was before - one circuit with 4 lights in parallel.

Reply to
John Rumm

No problem there, but if its the same as the one sold by Screwfix, the holders are cr@p. I fitted a set last summer, and 3 holders have failed already.

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Since the supply lines are common rail, it doesn't matter where you put the transformer feeds. There are only 2 nodes in the circuit, no matter how you wire it!

Reply to
kmillar