Volt sticks?

I have a Dymo Rhine and I use 6mm tapes for the 'top of socket' labels.

Reply to
Chris Green

Dymo Rhino that is of course.

Reply to
Chris Green

I've got 6mm tape on order. (P-Touch)

Reply to
charles

EICR at some offices the other day.

One MCB was labelled up as John's office.

John left the firm 20 years ago:-)

Reply to
ARW

Last thing I saw at work yesterday.

That is as how I found it.

TT installation with no RCD or ELCB.

Reply to
ARW

I like the box. ;-)

Reply to
charles

That is a common problem! I originally labelled MCBs with things like "Ben's Bedroom", "Snug", etc. but over the years things change, "Ben's bedroom" has changed at least twice in the years we've lived here.

I now have things like "North Extension Upstairs" and "West Extension".

(They really are extensions, what was originally a tiny two up, two down cottage is now a huge, T shaped, 6 bedroom house)

Reply to
Chris Green

Is the brown one a replaceable wire fuse or a cartridge fuse?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Blue one? ie blue dots on it?

Reply to
ARW

Looks like your bog standard Wylex BS 3036 re-wireable jobbie:

(The MCBs being the type designed to plug into the fuse carrier sockets on those old fuse boxes)

Reply to
John Rumm

Now there is class! You certainly take you life in your hands fumbling around near that main switch. The only slight saving grace is that it still has its plastic covers over the screw terminals on the incoming tails.

I especially like the expanding foam in the top terminals of the leftmost way :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

That's right. I've forgotten the colour code.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

White = 5A, Blue = 15A, Red = 30A, and the less common Yellow = 20A, and Green = 45A

Reply to
John Rumm

The last fusebox I remember as a child had ceramic fuseholders and Woolworth's fuse wire was 5A, 15A and 30A as I remember. I've probably got some somewhere.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

And of course open to abuse as you can put 30A fuse wire in a 5A holder.

Reply to
ARW

Although credit to wylex, they did at least make it impossible to plug a

30A fuse carrier into a base intended to accept a lower rated fuse. So that prevents abuse by those not versed in the art of the screwdriver!
Reply to
John Rumm

What bases:-)?

Look again at the 32A plug in MCBs.....

But it gets worse. The installation was covered with a free standing unit that I managed to pull over when I tried to open the door and her husbands ashes were on top of that unit along with a vase full of flowers and water.

There were a few tears as she mopped up the laminate floor.

Reply to
ARW

Yeah, I see what you mean... Still the point kind of still stands - you would not get them into the 20 or 5A positions since they do appear to have the bases in place! :-)

Could have been (slightly) worse - they could have fallen into the CU instead.

Yours or hers?

Reply to
John Rumm