Vibration/Noise from Metal Gate Hinge

Next door have an ironwork gate between their house and ours. The hinges are mounted on our wall - (brick built). When they slam the gate there is an awful clang, rattle and vibration.
I am thinking of volunteering to seat the hinge brackets on some flexible vibration/noise absorbent material - foam rubber or the like.
Do people think it will make any difference? - if so what material would you suggest?
--
PeteR

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:49:30 +0100, PeteR wrote:

=================================Leave the hinges as they are but attach rubber buffers (small round door stops) or a rubber strip to the bolt side of the gate. Experiment with a few of these to see what works best.
It might help in the long run to remove the gate and re-fix on 3" wooden posts.
Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux

You could mount it on a solid rubber block, such that the gate hinge fixing was separated from the fixing of the block to the wall. The biggest difference you could make would be to add a rubber cushion of some sort to the gates closure to prevent the clang as it closes.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)