VGA connections

In article , geoff writes

I had a 50m VGA lead (don't ask) made up by Leads Direct, and much to my surprise it works. There's some ghosting, but the pic is usable.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

If you look at the size of the video co-ax inside the cable, I'm not surprised. Making up a loom using proper co-ax would probably have worked fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What resolution are you running?

As a general rule I think the higher the res the shorter the cable before problems.

Chris Evans

Reply to
Chris Evans

When you mentioned DA in the original posting I thought it might mean Display Adaptor but now I'm very confused!

Chris Evans

Reply to
Chris Evans

Distribution amplifier

Reply to
Stuart

In article , Chris Evans writes

heh. DOS mode 80 x 25

Agreed. More bandwidth used = worse picture

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Sorry - distribution amplifier. More accurate description than splitter which could just as easily be passive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Evans saying something like:

I thought Duck's Arse haircut, but that's not a Very Good Acronym.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Clever. Very Clever. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , BigWallop writes

Quite easy really, you just need a tin of Brylcreem and ...

coat anywhere ?

Reply to
geoff