Very OT - which is more environmentally friendly?

I should sound a note of caution. I picked my nose with my pinkie, and snapped a tendon (last joint of pinkie). Surgery and ohysio and it still isn't quite as it was.

Reply to
Bob Eager

"Jersey finger is one of the most common of these sports injuries. It can happen when one player grabs another's jersey and a finger (usually the ring finger) gets caught and pulled with great force. This can cause the tendon to be pulled off the bone.

In activities that require a lot of a hand strength (e.g., rock climbing), tendons and/or their sheaths can also be stretched or torn. The crimp-grip position of the fingers necessary for rock climbing places a great deal of strain on the pulleys of the tendon sheath and can cause a rupture of the sheath. When this occurs, it can limit how much the finger can bend or flex and can cause pain when moving the finger.

Certain health conditions (rheumatoid arthritis, for example) weaken the flexor tendons and make them more likely to tear or rupture. This can happen without warning or injury — a person may simply notice that their finger no longer bends but not recall how it happened."

I would tell the doctor you were rock climbing at the time.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I told him the truth. He and the nurse laughed. I was aware of the more usual cause, but I thought it would be fun.

Reply to
Bob Eager