Versatile drill

But the point really was how long the batteries last before becoming scrap.
--
*The beatings will continue until morale improves *

I bought the drill in March 2011 and the batteries are still going strong with no sign of any charging problems. I'm happy with that for the versatility that the drill allows. I simply couldn't use a mains drill on my caravan steadies! I have a mains drill and can't remember the last time I used it.
John M

Think you need to read the OP's post again. He has been, it seems, happy with the same mains drill for over 40 years. Do you really expect your batteries to last that long?
If he really needed a cordless drill, he could have bought one 20 odd years ago. So what has changed between then and now?
--
*Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on.

Cordless drills have *much* better performance and value for money than 20 years ago.

And mains ones are much cheaper too. Pretty well all things electrical are.
--
*I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory*

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:56:10 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

If I could find one.
--
AnthonyL

Lidl had mains drills the other day. Didn't really look at them, but their tools are generally excellent value.
--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Still had a few this morning in my local branch.
--
Rod

On Tuesday, 19 January 2016 13:59:22 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

A lot can change in 20 years. The OP isn't clear enough about the priorities to get much more help.
NT
On 17/01/2016 12:42, AnthonyL wrote:

The bosch is slightly lighter?
On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 15:55:03 +0000, newshound wrote:

It's also 18mm shorter and that could be handy. My 10.8V Bosch is so short it's useable between standard joists even with a 25mm spade bit.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away