Vermiculite, Rockwool, or Fibreglass Insulation

Wood/Coal burner (insert type not free standing with a back boiler unit
unused) pre-existing when we moved in.
Sitting in a standard fireplace with about 2" all round it between the
actual fire back and the hearth/chimney brickwork.
Draught from chimney is excessive so need to insulate between the sides and
back. (Already has a plasterboard type face with tiles on which the unit
sits against) and possibly over the top
Question is do I use vermiculite and pour around the spaces to fill the gaps
and reduce the downdraught
use fibreglass insulation and pack between the sides of the fire and the
Set a plate in the chimney and pass the flue through that (Will make
sweeping it a lot harder) and seal the face to the front of the fireplace.
Anyone ????
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.