VAX carpet washers

Actually, for me, it diddn't happen. It was a 4*5m carpet (or so). It was not layed properly, had just been placed in the room, with furniture on top (diddn't shift). So, it was relatively (well, moving carpet from under 150Kg large desk unit too big to go through door was fun) easy to simply remove the carpet, take into garden, and clean. Drying occurred in greenhouse, spraying a couple of times during with a Febrieze (sp?) clone.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Mary Fisher

Fabrize? Anyway, it's a product containing IIRC a protein derived from corn that acts in various ways to reduce odor.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Febreze (tm)

and odour as well...

Reply to
Andy Hall

On 30 Jan 2005 16:30:51 GMT, Ian Stirling strung together this:

Febreze?

Reply to
Lurch

Oh.

Or should that be ouh ...

Thanks anyway.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

IME canvas backed carpets tend to fall apart when wetted fully.

A mop and bucket will clean them acceptably, dont soak them, and takes far less time than mucking about looking for a machine, but theyre never going to give the deep clean Ian talks about.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Hello, no you are certainly not the only one to dislike carpets! I have pitch pine wooden floors throughout the house. I do though have rugs in bedroom and living rooms (of course, sanding and varnishing the pine floors is another popular uk.d-i-y thread...) and I've also fitted matting on the stairs, secured with rods. I think this is safer. regarding your query re cleaning this lot, I use soapy water and a mop for the floors and 1001 carpet stain remover for the rugs. Whip it up in a bucket into a foam, and apply it with a cloth. allow it to soak in for 10-20 mins, then give it all a good blast with a Vaporetto or similar steam cleaner. This works every time and I should imagine would be OK for carpet as well, altho, as they say, if in doubt try an inconspicous area first! cheers dave P

Reply to
Dave Phillips