varnishing bricks???

I bought a load of victorian reclaimed bricks dead cheap to create a cottagey brick path and have been cleaning the mortar off with a wire brush and water. The water really brings out the fab colours of the bricks but they go back to dull when dry. Is there a varnish or similar that I could use on them to retain the colours?

Reply to
eden

Just a guess...

Patterned or 'imprinted' concrete drives have some kind of glossy finish which might be adapted for your purpose. Look in Yellow Pages for a local company who might be able to advise.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I read that as 'Vanishing Bricks :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So did I. I thought we were going to get a tale of someone stealing them

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Doesn't the sealant for block drives and patios come in various types of finish? I would imagine the satin finish would give you what you want.

John M

Reply to
John Miller