Varnishing

I have some varnishing to do in the bathroom. I have removed the plastic bath panels i made and have now replaced them with wood. Its only the thinish T&G cladding type but I need to make sure it doesnt rot. I have also made a step to get into the bath, this was made from a B&Q window sill. Its very thick so wont dip or warp but this too needs to be varnished and I need to somehow make it non slippy. Whats the best varnish to use and whats the best way to do it please. It will have a light coat of antique pine stain too.
Thanks Sam

We use Blackfrairs satin floor varnish, from Screwfix, for eveything - pine floors, louvre doors, door knobs etc etc and applied by brush - 5 coats, 24 hr between coats. 4 inch roller quicker but thinner coat.

yes, floor varnish - but coat the wood with something rot delaying first
NT
snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Rustins Liquid Plastic really is waterproof. IME not much else at the consumer end of the market is.