Vaillant ecotec837 v ecomax835

ecotec837 v ecomax835

Anyone know the real difference between these apart from a marginal power and dimension difference.

Vaillant need a lesson in marketing, becuase the assumption one reaches is there are likely to be funadamental differences and the literature does not make this explicit.

I take it I can fit any programable timer rather than a vaillant one? I want to have it flush (a la sockets)

Reply to
VisionSet

Just a guess - is one a system boiler and one (ecomax) open vented?

Any programmable timer will do.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

No they are both combis

thanks.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

I dunno. But after the big shake up of prices following 1/4/5 they introduced a the Ecotec Pro 8nn v Ecomax 8nn

AFAICT: they dropped the price a couple of hundred left out the internal filling loop. dropped the guarantee from 2 years to 1 year left out the preformed pipe stubs so leaving the installer to 'roll his own'. changed the display from a big LCD display to a 3 led + 4 digit LCD like the older turbomaxes.

HTH

Yes connect and sort of programmable thermostat between terminals 3 and 4 and don't bother with the boiler clock at all.

Reply to
Ed Sirett