Vaillant EcoTec or EcoMax?

I'm buying a Vaillant combi boiler but am confused with the models, i.e. the cheaper model looks to have a better spec.

Ecotec plus 831 £908

12.7 litres per minute (higher flow) heating output 8.7 - 24 Kw (modulates lower) Smaller case than the Ecotec max

Ecotec max 828e £1019

11.5 litres per minute heating output 13.3 - 22.4Kw

Am I missing something? It looks like the boiler controls are different. I'd probably go with the VRT230 programmable digital room thermostat, what do you think? Is there a better 3rd party controller I could use? Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary

The Ecomax was the condensing model from before the days of compulsory condensing units. At the price they were, and to a certain extent are, asking for the Ecomax they weren't going to sell them relative to the offerings from Veissman or Worcester-Bosch. It appears they promptly brought out a new model at a lower price. The Ecomax may still have some 'feature' which are not present on the Ecotec. (2 year Guarantee, integral filling loop...?)

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ecotec Plus has integral filling loop and 2 year guarantee

Robert

Reply to
robert

Reply to
Gary

HTH some, please don't top post. Read the Boiler Choice FAQ and go figure what it means. Yes I've fitted

Reply to
Ed Sirett