TumbleDryer Vent Position?

Hiya -
About to core-drill an outlet for our venerable tumble dryer, and suddenly wondered if the position is a standard one. Wouldn't want to do all that work if they're now positioned differently, and we later have to replace it.
The warm air outlet on ours (10yr old Zanussi) is at the back, approx central and the bottom of the aperture/socket/flange is about 2-3" above the floor. Does anyone know if this remains a common configuration?
Thanks in advance - Steve

the
No, ours is to the left, & at a different height (Hotpoint)
woodglass
woodglass wrote:

Oh bugger - this is what I feared. If there's a new standard for the location I'd rather install for that and buy a new t/d.
Anyone else prepared to disclose the nether proportions of their dryer please?

My last tumbler dryer failed 2 days after we had drilled the wall for the exhaust. :(

IME they are all different, even from the same manufacturer, 2 "Bosch" units I looked at had obviously been made in different factories constructed in a different way, and were completely unrelated to each other.
Recently I've had back bottom left and back bottom right. :-( And never one in the back centre.
DG
Steve Walker wrote:

You can do it much easier (and cheaper) than that.
If you look around you should be able to get a through-wall fitting kit, which includes a round to square converter to go on the inside wall, a rectangular duct roughly half a brick in section, and an external louvred cover.
All you have to do is measure carefully, chop out half a brick on the outside, use a long masonry drill to mark the 4 corners, then chop out inside. I didn't even need to make good the plaster, the interior plate easily covered everything.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

Download the manuals for any machines that you are likely to buy. These typically show vent deails.
--

Michael Chare

Steve Walker wrote:

My recently-expired Creda had one about 4" from the floor, back left; the new replacement Whirlpool has its centrally at the very bottom. So both are different to yours I'm afraid. Crazy isn't it - you'd think by now the mfrs would have managed to standardise this wouldn't you!
In my case due to an awkwardly-shaped room, the drier is at 90 degrees to the external wall with the hole in, so the ducting is pretty messy flexible stuff, round the back and side. Not very efficient but at least it made the transition between driers less painful!
David
"Steve Walker" wrote

Do a search on subject "Dryer Duct Outlet" - asked this question a while back
Phil
TheScullster wrote:

Thanks Phil - it was Mon, May 15 2006 9:32 am, but no firm answers seemed to emerge that time either.