Vaillant CombiMax Diverter Valve

Hi,

anyone with the Vaillant Combimax had a problem with the diverter valve, I hve aone which is only 2 years old and has now packed up, also I have a frient who has the same boiler, his diverter valve paceked up after about the same period..

Is this usual? how long should these parts last? or is there a specific problem with these valves? At £100 for the valve, and then probably another £100 to fit it it brings the cost in at around £100 a year.. not very good really..

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Roberts

I think you might mean Turbomax models? If so I believe this was a stock fault on earlier units but the later one (I've install about 15 over the last few years) seem to have held up fine.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I was told that it was due to the material that part of the valve was made from being unsuitable (expands, then sticks when hot). Allegedly, later valves have this part made from a different material.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

I had one replaced under warrenty after about 18months. New one has yet to fail, though it makes an evil clonking noise every time the diverter operates.

G.

Reply to
G.W. Walker