Vacuum for angle grinder dust - Cheap cylone or Karcher?

Despite most angle grinder concrete floor dust going up a 100mm duct to a gravity drop 25L drum, some locations were too tight for it. An 18" floor fan in an open window got rid of the "smoke".
Thus I have some "angle grinder flour" to pickup :-)
Bagged vac? Karcher seem to be just a big bag, a bigger version of my old Miele w/ generic 5L bags.
Cyclone vac? Plenty of cheap £20-30 cyclones which in theory avoid bag-burst & bag- fills-in-seconds.
Aside, Screwfix Titan 5" 1010W 29.99 angle grinder a) eats switches b) shorts out to the blade with a long flash & b-b-bang. This was dicing 2.5"x1" aggregate-screed to 20-25mm depth over 2.5m^2 with a Marcrist BF850 super fast quiet disc. Flooring asphalt of 25mm above was cut with an Erbauer open segment disc then levered up without much ado.
Add pictures here
✖

Cyclone is the way to go IME, anything else soon clogs. Dysons cyclones do too, due to their filter design. A washable filter avoids needing to replace.

Add pictures here
✖
On 05/06/2012 12:39, js.b1 wrote:

Not a chance... it will keep sucking for all of 30 secs if you are lucky...Cartridge filter ones are not much better. Sticking a home made cyclone pre-filter on it though can make them usable.
(That is how I tend to use my wall chaser)

The domestic machines will work ok, but you need to assess how effective their collection is. If its less than total, you will need to take the filters out to maintain suction - but then you will shorten the life of the machine and will still need a mask etc.

Numatic also do some semi industrial vacs with cyclonic action - often touted about by chimney sweeps I notice.
--
Cheers,

John.

✖

Thanks, that is what I thought.

Trying a £30 Asda bagless. At least useful to blast the area & nearby carpets before letting domestic cleaners loose.
The very battered miele soldiered on with Qualtex pack of 10 GN bags. These bags are ok for "scrapped" cleaners with normal levels of DIY material, but they seems to tear easily with angle grinder dust despite being fabric so you have to keep watch.

A good application for cyclone, debris is fine and causes two specific cancers.
Thanks to all.
Add pictures here
✖

In that case I'd wet clean it up
NT
Add pictures here
✖

Dyson is the only thing I've found that can cope with the rate of dust generated by a plaster chaser (twin angle grinders). It will do 5-6 bin loads full before needing the filter rinsed (considerably more if you avoid the temptation to fill right up, as the filter only comes into play when the cyclone can't work anymore because it's full). If you're doing more chasing (or whatever) than this, get extra filters so you can use another whilst one is drying. Brick/plaster dust will sand- blast the insides of the collection container, which might not best please if you care about the aesthetics.
Given you already have already generated the dust, you could use a less powerful cyclone, as you don't need to take up the dust at the rate it's generated.
--
Andrew Gabriel
✖
On Jun 6, 9:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Thanks, diamond "flour" is so opaque, the mind boggles at twin.
Trailing 4" aluminium ducting to catch the dust jet worked, but I regret not trying a wall chaser. The ability to set depth and having some form of dust extraction could have made things a lot easier.
Add pictures here
✖
On 06/06/2012 22:30, js.b1 wrote:

Yes, they do make a major difference to the dust control... (in fact I would expect to make more airborne fine dusk chopping out a backbox with the SDS than with the wall chaser)
--
Cheers,

John.

✖