V.V. O.T. : Date of Easter Sunday

Does anyone here have access to the current authoritative _printed_ UK Law on the date of Easter Sunday? It appears in the Annex to the Calendar (New Style) Act (1750 c.23), as amended to date.

I am only interested in the law as disseminated by printing in ink on paper; I am not interested in purely electronic versions, just in what is written in authoritative books or similar.

I am not interested in finding the Prayer Book version; I have a Prayer Book, and the local Church has some too.

I have not managed to discover when the Act, or that part of it, was last amended; other things being equal, provided that the legal book clearly incorporates that amendment, the earlier the book the better. I have links to scans of copies of ancient versions.

Please do not send me images as yet : reply either here with a valid E- mail address or to the address obtained by using a J and an R in the pseudo-address in my sig.

Reply to
Dr J R Stockton

uklm might be a better group...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Is

any use? (Starts at bottom of page 186)

Reply to
Peter Parry

This link tells you that there are no changes pending so the Act is still in force.

I don't know why you are so insistent on a paper copy since it will tell you nothing that is not apparent from the above link. Perhaps you could explain why you feel the printed version is a better source.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Thanks, but Statutes at Large 1765 is far too old for current Law; and I ha ve had that URL since 2008-04-23, link verified 2011-11-16. One might pref er the display at .

I want to know what is in something like the latest, or the latest pre-elec tronic, "The Complete Statutes of England Classified and Annotated in Conti nuation of Halsbury's Laws of England and for ready reference entitled Hals bury's Statutes of England"; or in the truly authoritative copies held by t he Houses of Parliament and I believe by the Royal Family at Windsor.

But anything post-Victorian could be of interest; and anything from the pre sent Reign.

The text must be from traditionally-printed material; but a link to a trust worthy scanned copy would be equally useful and easier to quote.

I really need a whole-Web search engine that can read images of text!

BTW, I already have the link - it clearly show s the same paper as was shown at , as it has a matching smudge; but it may be a re-scan, as the "paper" looks a shade w hiter.

Tim - I've already tried uk.l.m. Peter - it might be correct.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

Why?

Reply to