UV fly killer - completely useless

LOL ..

That remined me of our similar lurcher 'thing' .. snapped *after* the fly had gone past .. ;-)

Now the whippet would get most first time (if it could be bothered to get up) ;-)

Thanks for that though .. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Was that an example of you talking to the inscets Mary?

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Hmmmm, flies.. dogmess .. flies .. dogmess ... ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

And Latin.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you lot are inscets, yes.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ooo, look at the luverly bright lights the dog poo AND jam jar .. cor am I in for a treat!

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Wotchit, you'll be spl .....

Oh. Too late.

RIP T i m.

Right, chaps, that's got shut of him. Now we can be serious again :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
T i m

the little =A35 cheapies dont use uv lights, theyre just filament bulbs with a violet filter designed to mimic uv tubes. Theyre useless, a candle catches more.

Real uv tube units have some success, though arent the best. Better is to use white fl tubes. Even better is to use a white halogen bulb, which produces IR, visible and uv all in one.

The only reason commercial units use uv tubes is to make buyers think theyre technical and they must pay a high price for a pro unit. IRL a halogen lighbulb catches more. 2 diodes and 2 small caps and you can electrocute them too, though not as showily as the pro zap units.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I've solved my problem. In this heat, I leave the front door open, but now I've got a net curtain up, and this stops all the flies coming in. Same for any and all open windows.

Reply to
dotnw