Utterly Stupid Idea ?

They do protect the paintwork of the car. Along with not wearing rings with gemstones in them. And make it a lot faster to unlock the car, and more reliable in frosty weather.

But not if the battery goes flat....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not exactly a resounding *can't do without* response!

Rather confirms my idea that manufacturers have run out of ideas to give their new vehicle *must have* appeal:-(

Modern engines, weather/Sun proofed paintwork, heated glass, improved chassis/suspensions have all combined to make buying a new car dependent on pseudo side impact protection and other frivolous improvements.

Cue local government involvement via strategic pot holes!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That isn't what you asked. You asked for a *significant improvement*.

Oner I personally like is being able to open the boot of an otherwise locked car , dump the shopping inside, slam the boot shut and take the trolley back to the trolley park.

The other one is unlocking a frozen car.

Did you know, that using cheap chinese electric motors and mass produce plastic gears its *cheaper* to have electric windows,...

But cars have always been a mixture of more or less decent engineering and marketing.

"All chrome and tailfins" never did much for performance.

Oh, there's a bit more than that. I drive an old jaguar because it goes round corners and its better than modern German luxury saloons. And nicer inside than Japanese.

When you get into the modern shopping trolley cars, there's f*ck all to mark any of them out.

Well naturally.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's safer to press the LOCK button (just in case you don't immediately see where the car is, and someone near it takes advantage of it being opened).

BTW, the range of some RF fobs is ridiculous. My Fiesta's is around 150 yards, and somewhat more if I deploy the 'flick-key', and hold it to my skull!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Good to know its useful for something...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

:o)

Reply to
Ian Jackson

What is this about BMW going over to hydrogen cars? Surely without infrastructure to distribute it its a non starter. Maybe they will rn them on Ammonia. I can see it now, Family dies due to ammonia leak. New Scientist this week mentions that we might actually have far more hydrogen trapped underground than we thought. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff