Using salt in boiling water

r you're cooking. =A0If you boil vegetables in a hypotonic solution (i.e., = one with less salt that the concentrations within the cells) some salt will= leach out during cooking leaving the veg tasting saltless & bland.

That's what condiments are for.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Bodum Yo-Yo glass mug and strainer =A312 from their on-line shop.

My wife blagged my strainer for =A32 in QD stores from a set with a broken mug.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

No problem finding loose tea in Tesco. They do "finest", Yorkshire and Twinings. Assam and Breakfast Tea (whatever that is!) are my favourites.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

LOL! Just because someone says it's a bad idet doesn't make *them* right, either.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

You forgot the cappuccino and ice-cream to follow...

At least people are aware of it, whereas French cuisine is supposed to be highly thought of, but I can only think, off-hand, of French bread and French onion soup (quite a nice combination actually)

Reply to
BartC

Yeah, that's the shit they serve up north in Lombardy where "good" and "cooking" are not words that go together.

Reply to
Steve Firth

French toast and garlic :-)

Reply to