using creosote - legal?

Professional = You get paid for doing it, it's what pays your bills

This seems to be a common confusion. "Professional" says nothing about quality or qualifications, just that it's what you do as your job.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

When I tried to buy some I was told I'd need proof that I was a "professional" fencing contractor.

I suspect that in effect they will supply the "trade" only.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

So just because I put creosote on fences 'for reward' I can buy it?

I guess I could pay my son to do it and then he can buy the creosote.

Reply to
usenet

Well I have a Ltd. company, I could order it on company headed paper. The company's documentation allows it to do any business it fancies to make some money so fencing could easily be included.

Reply to
usenet

I think if your business is treating fences, that makes it professional use and you can buy it.

In reality it's just going to be another unenforceable law.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Have you talked to them about it? Maybe if you looked into some alternatives, and mentioned to them in the nicest possible way that the odour was unpleasant and suggested the alternatives to them, they might stop using it.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I don't think it's too stringently policed, as far as I can see they just don't want "Joe Public" messing with the stuff only people who know what they are doing and will take adequate precautions...

Reply to
sPoNiX