Mystery combi fault

My fairly new Wickes / Halstead is losing pressure, but only when the CH is on. On DHW only I don't think I have had to top it up since the spring. With CH on it drops from 2 bar to 0.5 bar in a day. I can't spot any leaks (but it is a funny old house and there are inaccessible places where it might conceivably be leaking). I'm 95% certain it isn't overpressurising and venting through the overflow (I had to replace a leaking relief valve, and the leak then was fairly obvious). This sounds like a leak from the CH but only when hot, and which I have not yet located. Or am I missing something?

Reply to
OldScrawn

Certain comression joints can start leaking when hot but hold when cold. (Are there other types that do this I've only seen this on badly made compression joints).

Have a look at the FAQ below.

Reply to
Ed Sirett