User interface, WTF

On Wednesday 06 November 2013 07:19 Mike Barnes wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I have (not on Yahoo, but a similar page layour somewhere).

TAB does work but it is not intuitive (needs ENTER-TAB, not just TAB).

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts :

That page must be part of the 1%. If it's a public page the URL would be handy.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Same here except ours has been 0-1 receptionists.

Our Doctors are nearly always running late.

Has anyone else considered that a touch screen is a great way to spread illnesses?

Reply to
Mark

Yes. It would require an IT system that would be subcontracted to a company with a history of cocking up IT projects.

Reply to
Mark

Mark :

The whole idea of a doctor's surgery is a great way of spreading illnesses. A hospital, even more so.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

As OP for this thread, I can confirm that. My 80 mins waiting at the Surgery was rewarded by my getting a steenkeeng cold to add to the other infection I had.

It's another reason for not going somewhere by train. I view each carriage as being full of disease vectors.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That's not the cause. It's breathing wot does it.

Did you ever read 'Doctor in the house'? IIRC the common view of a hospital in the 50s was expressed as 'a place where you went if you were seriously ill, and got better, or died, according to your luck'

I have always held to that fatalism.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I live out in the sticks and used to work in an office of about 80 people. That was bad enough but I would gurantee that any trip to London, especially if it involved the Tube, would leave me with some viral infections..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher