use temperature for caberfix D4 polyurethane glue

Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do! D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Do the manufacturers have a helpline?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Don't know for sure, but I guess the aim of that "rule" is not to let the uncured product freeze. I think it will get quite viscous below 5 C and will cure more slowly, but I'd expect it still to work down to freezing.

Reply to
newshound

Polyurethane glue has one of the widest range of use temperatures of any common adhesive, anything from5 deg C to 30 deg C should be fine although setting will take a lot longer at low temperature. 20 deg C is the optimum.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , jim writes

Tell that to the plumbers!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I have sent off an advice request. Nothing back yet apart from an acknowledgement.

I thought I'd try the experts if any of them could drop fruitless Brexit wrangles for a moment:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Peter Parry writes

Hmm.. what I thought. I suppose the doors could go back temporarily. I have a propane fired blower but don't fancy lugging the cylinder upstairs.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Answer back says lower than 5C will slow cure but implies still OK.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

wallpaper paste does near 0C to over 100C, epoxy don't know exactly but wider than 5-30.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr