Almost exactly where I escaped from.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oh no, this isn't escape FROM.

I escaped from Bracknell!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Hello near-neighbour. I'm at 109m above sea level a village or two away. The nice thing about being "high up" here is that it's a bit like that stor y of out-running a lion - you don't need to, just be faster than the people around you. Before the water got to me it would need to fill up a whole l ot of the Fens :-)

For those who don't know this area there is a band of clay sitting on top o f chalk marl. Lots of the villages grew up along the natural spring line w here the ground water came out. If you look at a map you'll see high stree ts aligned SW to NE and big gaps between villages. It makes gardening hard work.

Reply to
Calvin

By "escaped" I meant we got out just as the buggers were starting the Widlow Wand Farm.

Clay. Yes, our house was built of claybat about 200yr ago. That's clay mixed with horse hair and any other shit that was kicking around.

Reply to
Tim Streater