USB PC speakers

Someone I know has the need of a small pair of USB speakers for his laptop that has faulty internal sound.

For the avoidance of doubt he doesn't want speakers that are merely powered by 5v from a USB socket, he needs the external soundchip as well.

Ebay is full of USB soundcards, starting at 99 pence including postage! I know he could plug cheap pair of active speakers into one of those, but it would be better if it was all in one.

My problem is that the search terms I use return loads active speakers that are just powered from a USB port and need audio.

Can anyone help me find one?

Reply to
Graham.

PC World - Maplins had a cheapish one some months ago.

Reply to
harry hall

Graham. wrote: [snip]

There's the HP WN483AA -about £20 from Currys or PC World.

If he wants a simple USB replacement for internal speakers there's the LOGIK LSPTRP11 Travel PC Speaker I think that's available for a fiver.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nice little spot :)

£2.97 inc free delivery and 1.5% quidco cashback, various colours available.

(no doubt on ebay for 99p free delivery somewhere)

Reply to
Adrian C

Thanks. If anyone wishes to go looking for alternatives, and there are many, then adding "digital USB speaker" to the search largely eliminates results that refer to USB powered analogue line speakers.

Reply to
Steve Firth