USB mains sockets opinion

USB3.1 will allow up to 2A at 5V and optionally 5A at 12V or 20V.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Indeed.

Reply to
Bod

I'd say the limit will be set by existing USB connectors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One would hope that a lithium battery installed in a device would have the appropriate charge limiting and regulation circuitry within the device.

Supplying a USB device from a power source capable of sourcing say 100A at 5v should *never* cause any issues.

Reply to
The Other Mike

as far as I've been told (by engineers current in the practise of Li-Ion technology) all Li-Ion battery packs *must* contain local safety and regulator electronics:

I assumed (and this point alone may be wrong) that the safety circuit would prevent overcharging and over-fast charging? Anyone know any better?

Reply to
Tim Watts

It has some protection within the battery pack itself.

Reply to
Tim Watts

some cells do, others don't

Andy Burns

Not too fussed about which way up, but I'd like a good multi port charger - have a fairly cheap two port and it works even on my (old) iPad. But would like the convenience of three/four ports and all able to supply full power.

Also looking for a similar spec. but for a car lighter socket... Several out there but am finding it difficult to assess quality from the screen.

Reply to
polygonum