upvc conservatory fitting glazing

Just finished building the skeleton of conservatory, need some suggestions on how to fit the glass on one side that is to close to the fence to push fir the upvc bead in the normal way any suggestions?

Reply to
David

Externally beaded ? - christ, I thought that went out before we got ours 10 years ago...

If its a fence, wouldn`t it be easier to take it down ? (its not like its a brick wall...)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

B&Q conservatories are external beading...

Reply to
shaun

That's because they are inside out due to the way they are packed for delivery. If you look closely you will also see that the Pilkington K blue 'hue' is also outside. I think a product recall notice is due ;-)

HTH

John

Reply to
John

No, externally beaded is the norm. There were a few years when internally beaded became popular because of security concerns, but modern external beading isn't any longer a security concern. The larger profile of PVC sections required for internal beading (espcially with openers) made people dislike them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Neighbours extension is inches from fence on the other side, so no advantage in removing fence

Reply to
David

Then you have little option ,you need to glaze it first then install the side section you may need to use metal brackets to fix to wall ,how are you going to seal the sides to the building.

Reply to
Alex