Upholstery quality

Not DIY in the strictest sense, but I can get no help from the shops so I am having to 'DIMyself'.

We recently took delivery of a 3piece suite. Within 2days, the seat cushions had creased badly and nothing would remove the creases, and it gets worse every day. The manufacturer denies any responsibility. The retailer has responded to my demands that something be done about it and has offered a replacement suite in another fabric. He admits to knowing nothing about the qualities of each type, so I am asking for help in deciding what to do.

The faulty fabric is Chenille 47% acrylic, 41% polyester, and 12% viscose.

An alternative fabric in the manufacturer's range is Chenille

42%polyester cotton, 38% polyester, and 20% cotton.

Would this alternative fabric remain free of creases? I will be hugely grateful for any guidance you can give me.

Reply to
pebe

My local textile expert suggests that there is far more to the issue than a simplistic look at the fibre composition. Things like how the fibres are treated in processing, thickness of individual fibres, whether the fibres are the same warp and weft (e.g. some polycotton has cotton in one direction, polyester in the other - others have the fibres fully blended before being woven).

Reply to
polygonum