Updating old central heating system - expert advice please

Hi,

I need to alter my 1930s style bathroom which has a hot water tank fitted at the end of the bath. I'm going to put a more modern one in the loft and would be grateful for some advice. The present C/H system runs from a combined Homeglow Glowworm BBU Fire/Back Boiler unit which feeds 3 radiators and an indirect hot water tank with combined header tank. There is only a pump on the radiator circuit and no control valves.

I can put a new C/H tank in the loft directly above where the existing tank is located in the bathroom and extend the pipe work quite easily upwards but I'd like to avoid fitting high level cold water tanks if possible. My ideal is to eventually do away with the combi back boiler and fire and put an on-demand boiler in the lean-to area outside the house. With this in mind I'd like to fit something now which will be of use later when I change boilers.

I don't have enough knowledge of the different systems to know which way to go at the moment and don't want to spend money in waste.

Any advice or pointers would be most welcome Thanks in advance Phillip

Reply to
phillipthorne

Hi,

I need to alter my 1930s style bathroom which has a hot water tank fitted at the end of the bath. I'm going to put a more modern one in the loft and would be grateful for some advice. The present C/H system runs from a combined Homeglow Glowworm BBU Fire/Back Boiler unit which feeds 3 radiators and an indirect hot water tank with combined header tank. There is only a pump on the radiator circuit and no control valves.

I can put a new C/H tank in the loft directly above where the existing tank is located in the bathroom and extend the pipe work quite easily upwards but I'd like to avoid fitting high level cold water tanks if possible. My ideal is to eventually do away with the combi back boiler and fire unit and put an on-demand boiler in the lean-to area outside the house. With this in mind I'd like to fit something now which will be of use later when I change boilers.

I don't have enough knowledge of the different systems to know which way to go at the moment and don't want to spend money in waste if at all possibe.

Any advice or pointers would be most welcome Thanks in advance Phillip

Reply to
phillipthorne

See my reply to the one you posted yesterday.

Reply to
Set Square