Update on latest FIT scheme.

Does the Dutch investor suppling the finance for fitting solar panels to

800,000 social housing properties get the higher FIT payments for 800,000 individual properties or the lower FIT payment for the combined potential capacity from all properties?
Reply to
alan_m

I would assume it gets the 4p rate for most of it as they will be small systems on houses. They may fit bigger ones to flats but how do they save electricity costs for the residents if they do that? You would need some way of distributing the savings after metering it.

Reply to
dennis

The new 'rip off' for ordinary electricity consumers and the environment (via pollution) in general is 'Power walls'.

Rather than letting industry have any solar energy you produce during the day (because as you say, most people would be at work etc) you use it all your greedy / selfish self to charge your batteries and then use it yourself in the evening (whilst getting paid (by us) to produce / use it)!

I wonder if you are supposed to declare such battery installations as the assumption you would export 50% of the energy you generate would then be void?

I think the solar energy system owners should compensate *us* (non-solar energy owners) for the lack or predictability and inefficiency they introduce to the energy generation and distribution network! That or be taken-off grid to live their own greedy, selfish, money-grabbing lives on their own two feet. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m