uniross hybrio batteries

Hi,

I would like to buy some more rechargeable batteries, I know that Uniross is supposed to be the biggest name in rechargeable batteries, but I am confused because they seem to sell so many! Are they the same battery with different wrappers or are there differences?

One range is the hybrio, which is supposed to hold its charge for longer and not self-discharge in storage. This all sounds very good but are they better than their "standard" NiMH batteries or just the same thing?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

The hybrids (also made by Sanyo - and under 7-Day Shop brand) have a lower nominal capacity than pure NiMH cells (typically 2.1Ah v. 2.8Ah for AA cells) but will stay charged for a year or more. Test results show that, in a cammera, the hybrid will give more shots than the pure type (but that was from Sanyo...).

PeterC

--

I am really impressed with the Sanyo eneloop batteries that I have in my camera. It is always ready for action now - with previous batteries I found they were almost dead when I came to use it.

Reply to
John

The Uniross Hybrio are very good batteries with a good in use life, well worth the money.

They also store very well, unlike most batteries. Charge four but only use two and the other two will still be charged and ready to go when you need them (several months later) and are ready to use straight out of the packet.

Clanger

> --

Ditto. In fact I don't remember having had to recharge the eneloop batteries I put in my camera a year ago, while the ordinary NiMh batteries never made it to the next shot unless I was shooting in a batch.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

In message , John writes

Depends on how much you use it of course. We use our camera so much that we normally drain the batteries in a few days anyway.

So for things like the camera, I still use decent high capacity standard NiMH cells.

But for general use I'm gradually switching over to the hybrid cells (Hybrio, eneloop, Ansmann MaxE, I think they all have a version nowadays

Reply to
chris French

Thanks. So the consensus appears to be that the hybrio (and similar) types are something different to NiMH; they aren't just the same battery with a different label after all. I like the idea of them not discharging when unused, so I think I will try and get the hybrio rather than the "standard" NiMH. How are the two types different, or is that a secret?

Reply to
Fred

The main give away is that the hybrid NiMH rechargeable batteries do not need an initial charge before first use, you can use them straight out of the packet though the "manufactured" charge isn't the full capacity of the cell after a proper charging cycle.

It's worth digging about on the 'net. I bought some 4 + 2 free packs of AA GP "Recyko" for the less than the price most places where charging for just 4 cells from an Amazon seller.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice