Unfused plug

It's not new, though. Remember a mate complaining to trading standards about 25 years ago that he'd bought a clocked car and had proof the dealer he bought it from had done the clocking. They said that if they looked in to every case of this they had reported to them, it's all they'd ever do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well if the plug is that bad, the rest of it is likely crap too.

Reply to
harry

How could you be certain the rest of the item is safe if they can't even get the plug right ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Amazon is not always a cheap as eBay but the quality tends to be a bit higher and there's far less hassle if problems crop up. I couldn't manage without it.

Reply to
pamela

Of course it will depend on what you buy. So far I've managed without Amazon. And the continual complaints about it to tend to make me think I'll continue like that. Although do realise the size of it means more complaints. I suppose I'm also not happy in the way they exploit their workers. Of course I'm sure that applies to plenty who sell via Ebay too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Any complaints I've had with Amazon usually get resolved very quickly with minimal inconvenience. You might be missing a trick if you haven't tried it.

Reply to
pamela