Underground services

Hi there Does anybody know if there is a central database that would tell me where the pipes/cables are buried in my garden, I want to drive fence posts into the ground and dont want any nasty surprises. Its a private house and the deeds don't show anything.

Thanks for any help

Drew

PS sorry if this post apears twice.

Reply to
Drew

No utility will give you a difinitve answer. The best locating device is either a JCB or Metpost.

I would dig out a hole and concrete it in.

Steve Dawson

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

ALL utilities will give you a plan (free) for guidance but they come with proviso that you hand dig to locate and make certain,

Reply to
Jb