Under Kitchen Wall Cabinets Angled Sockets

I'm considering using some of these in our kitchen, under wall units - not on the worktop.

was a long thread back in 2004 on this subject...
I have some further questions...

These are not switched sockets. I'm sure there is something in the regs somewhere that says sockets must be switched? Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find it now! If they do need to be switched can I use one switch for all sockets? Perhaps put them on a fused spur off the main ring?

In the 2004 thread one person said they were flimsy and others thought extra screws/packing etc might improve this. Has anyone had any further experience with them?

Is there another manufacturer selling this sort of thing - I've only managed to find TLC...

Has anyone done a real DIY job - make an angled fillet out of whatever and fitted normal sockets?

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Don't think so.

You could put them on a fused spur.

No, but you can get angled bench trunking, either in continuous strips or in sections for bench outlets.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Owain,

I have looked at this option but the bench trunking is a bit bulky. I would like to hide the sockets as much as possible, The TLC units project down from the underside of the wall units by 75mm. The bench trunking I have looked at is 105mm.

Many thanks for your response, Roy

Reply to
RzB

I have been pointed at a couple of alternatives.. Screwfix - look very similar to TLC.

- these are actually switched...but - £38!!!
went to TLC today and took a look at their version... I see what people mean when they say they are flimsy...

So - say I decided to make 'em myself... what would I have take into account? What material could I make this from? I would love to be able to make from MDF or perhaps some of the material that the kitchen is made of. But that would probably break the "flame retardant" rules that I have been reminded of in another recent post.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB