UK.d-i-y Wiki

Lots of articles there now

Period Property Articles Adhesive Angle Grinder Discs Artex Removal Asphalt Bad Ideas - Electrical Bad Ideas - Floors Bad Ideas - Laundry Bad Ideas - Lighting Bathroom Electrics Bendywood Boiler Evolution Boiler Repair Boilers Budget Hot Water Systems CFL Lamps Cable organising Card Level Cardboard Furniture Carpet Cartridge Gun Ceiling Fan Cement Mixing Central Heating Central Heating Controls and Zoning Central Heating Design Central Heating Operation Central Heating Repair Chimneys & Flues Clamps Clothes Dryer Co-ax Cable Combination Boilers Concrete & Mortar Contents Copper Pipe in Concrete Corrosion Inhibitor Creating and Editing Articles Current events DHW DIY Heat Bank Darwin Award Dating Old Electrics Dehumidifiers Depthscrapers Desiccant Dimmed PIR Lights Dimmers & Switchbanks Direct Debit Bill Payment Discharge Lighting Disposal Options Domestic Hot Water Domestic Hot Water Systems Drain Heat Exchanger Dremel Drill Bits Drilling Techniques Duct Tape Duct Tape Review Earth Buildings & Their Repair Earth Cooling Pipe Earth Cooling Tubes Earthing Types Electricity Electricity Basics Emergency Lighting Energy Efficiency Links Example Article Example article Fitting TRVs to Microbore Fixing to Plasterboard Walls Fixings Flooding Floorcoverings Fluorescent Lighting Fuse Glossary Goods Lift Halogen Lighting Hand Tools Heat Recovery Ventilation Heat bank Hinges FAQ History of Brickwork Inhibitor Installing a Bar-type Shower Mixer Valve Insulation Kitchen Cabinets Knives LED Lighting LV Wiring Levels Leylandii Wood Lighting Glossary Lighting Links Limescale Listed Building Basics LoftConversion-JohnRumm Main Page Make Things from PVC Pipe Make a Sheet Metal Bender Making Concrete Blocks Microbore Misted Double Glazing Monkey Mortar Mixes Motorised Valve Motorised Valves Mould Resistant Paint Museums Nails Network Routing Networking Newsgroups Noisy Pipes Nuts Paint Papercrete Parallel Pliers Part P Partition Wall Paving Expert site Period Property Links Plastering Beginner's Guide Plumbing Poundland Review Power Tools Pozzolan Problem Constructions Putty & Mastic RCD R (Risk) Codes Rainwater Harvesting & Use Re-use & Recycle Regulations Rewiring Tips Routing Rub-r-Slate SWMBO Safety Safety Goggles Sanding Mouldings Saniflo Sash Windows: Painting and Draft Proofing Save Energy & Money Sawboard Screws Self Build Wiki Sheet Materials Shelves Shelving Units Silicone Sealant Solar Thermal Strengthen a Wood Floor Stripping Wallpaper Superhard Drills Suppliers TRV Tack Cloth Tar Thatch: The Basics Thermal Store Thermal Stores and Heat Banks Thermal store Thermostatic Radiator Valves Tool Theft Tree Felling Twig Furniture US Army Building Design Book Ufer Earthing Unblock a Drain Underfloor Heating Unvented DHW Washing Machine Smells Water Wattle & Daub: an Explanation Wells Wild House Designs Windproof Catflap Wiring colour codes Wood Finishing Guide Wood Preservatives Wood Rot Wood glues Woodworm

NT

Reply to
meow2222

uk.d_i_y will be closing down in very near future.

No longer required. This wiky thing is taking over.

All you need to know about wattle&daub, windproofing catflaps, tack cloth, cardboard furniture, wells, poundland, bendywood(?) twig furniture. Oh f**k the list goes on and on. I'm going to bed now before I die laughing.

Reply to
Chas

|!On 26 Mar, 23:52, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote: |!> Lots of articles there now |!>

|!>

|!>|!> 100 Period Property Articles Adhesive

|!>

|!> NT |! |!uk.d_i_y will be closing down in very near future. |! |!No longer required. |!This wiky thing is taking over.

Ah but how about having old wells as a feature in your kitchen :-) Not to mention those who do not understand what the problem is.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote

OR the correct terminology! Many novice and many experienced DIYers have come to this NG with the wrong labels for troublesome parts. Reference sites are bang on, but have the pitfall that you need to know the keywords.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Plenty of good stuff in the "bad ideas-laundry" section :-) but, surprisingly, nothing about lime mortar. Seriously, that's an article that *would* be useful, unless it was just another rant from the conservationist lobby.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Is lime mortar a bad idea in the laundry, then?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

|!Dave Fawthrop wrote: |!> On 26 Mar 2007 16:15:07 -0700, "Chas" wrote: |!> |!> |!On 26 Mar, 23:52, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote: |!> |!> Lots of articles there now |!> |!>

|!> |!>

|!> |!>

|!> |!> 100 Period Property Articles Adhesive |!> |!> |!>

|!> |!> NT |!> |! |!> |!uk.d_i_y will be closing down in very near future. |!> |! |!> |!No longer required. |!> |!This wiky thing is taking over. |!> |!> Ah but how about having old wells as a feature in your kitchen :-) |!> Not to mention those who do not understand what the problem is. |! |!Plenty of good stuff in the "bad ideas-laundry" section :-) but, |!surprisingly, nothing about lime mortar. Seriously, that's an article |!that *would* be useful, unless it was just another rant from the |!conservationist lobby.

It just needs someone who understands lime mortar to write it. Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Lime mortar is never a bad idea

Reply to