type of shower that you can't have combi boiler?

Hi Just had a combi (worcester bosch) boiler fitted and all seems to work great.

Pressure of main bathroom seems good and the shower of the bath (mixer one) also seems fine.

My question is, in the en-suite, we have hansgrohe croma (3 litre normal) and i was told by the british gas man who came around to quote us originally on boiler replacement that we will have to change the en-suite shower - can't remember why but i do remember him saying that some types of shower does not work with combi boilers because the mains pressure coming is now too strong and may start leaking??

The shower has an exposed bit from the wall, where i can control the water flow on left hand side and temp control on right handside.

questions:

1) what are these shower types called that can't work with combi boilers? 2) And is my Hansgrohe Croma one of those?

Some background info:

We used to have a shower pump - so our en-suite shower pressure was pretty good.

After getting the combi, the pressure seems the same to me but then that's just me saying without any specific test.

No immediate/obvious leaks that i can see from the en-suite shower so far.

Looked on hansgrohe website and can't seem to find this info.

many thanks

Reply to
kiich

If the pressure is similar - you used a booster pump, then it's not an issue. Would the BG person have liked to have been employed to fix the shower one wonders.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

On 23 Sep 2005 10:54:15 -0700, "kiich" scrawled:

He's on commission then for selling new showers.

The flow and pressure can both be adjusted per appliance with specific devices. A non-ripping-off type of plumber would advise you of this.

Reply to
Lurch

thanks for all the info.

to answer somes questions:

a) yes we did have a booster pump - but i was told that these pump will not be as strong pressure as the mains?

I was told mains pressure - 7~8 bars by local corgi registered boiler guy and boosters won't be as strong as that?

b) don't think the British Gas guy was quoting us for putting a new shower - he just said we will need to change the shower in en-suite if we get combi so not sure if he was getting anything out of it.

So Lurch, are you saying we can stay with the shower we have? your reply stated what my shower can do - 1 control for flow and 1 control of temp. so that means it will work with combi?

ta

Reply to
kiich

On 26 Sep 2005 05:43:56 -0700, "kiich" scrawled:

If it's excessive pressure that is a problem then a pressure reducing device can be utilised for the shower feed. Not knowing the ins and outs of the particular shower I'm unsure of exactly what the specs are but it shouldn't be neccesary to change it.

There may be some truth in what he said if the shower was previously connected to the low pressure feeds directly from the header tanks.

Reply to
Lurch